Online Resources for Survivors of Suicide Loss
Click here to access online resources for Survivors of Suicide Loss .
Or see below for opportunities to join with those who have also experienced loss from suicide.
Support Groups for Survivors of Suicide Loss
The death of a loved one by suicide presents special problems in grieving, such as experiencing more shock, a greater sense of injustice, more guilt and blame, and a heightened sense of helplessness which all complicate the healing process. A safe place exists in our community for adult survivors of suicide loss (families and loved ones of suicide victims) to share their loss with others who are experiencing similar thoughts and feelings.
Elko: Survivors of Suicide Loss of Northeastern Nevada
- Meets: 3rd Monday of each month; 6:00 - 7:00 PM
- Location: Elko Hospital Room 1
- Facilitator: Lynette Vega
- Phone: (775) 397-1911
- Email: email@example.com
Gardnerville: Douglas County Suicide Prevention Network
- Meets: 1st Thursday of the month; 6:00 - 7:30 PM
- Location: 1625 Highway 88, Suite 203, Minden, NV 89423
- Facilitator: Debbie Posnien
- Phone: (775) 783-1510
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Henderson: Arms of Support
- Meets: 2nd and 4th Fridays; 6:00 - 7:30 PM
- Location: Sunrise Senior Living, Terrace Club,1555 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy, 2nd Floor, Henderson, NV 89012.
- For more information please call, Pastor Bryan, (702) 569-9901.
- Email: TUFFServices@earthlink.net
Henderson: Survivors of Suicide Loss
- Meets: 1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month; 6:30 -8:00 PM
- Location: Barbara Greenspun WomensCare Center, 2651 Paseo Verde, Suite 180, Henderson, NV 89074 Phone: (702) 616-4900
- For more information contact: Linda Flatt, (702) 807-8133, email@example.com
- Website: http://www.survivingsuicidelosslv.com/
Las Vegas: Solace Tree Family Grief Center
Las Vegas: Suicide Bereavement Support Group for Families
- Meets: Mondays Every Week; 8:00 - 9:00 PM
- Location: Community Lutheran Church, 3720 E. Tropicana Avenue (Near Sandhill Road), Las Vegas, 89121. For information on church location call 702-458-2241.
- For meeting information call: 702-735-5544
- Website: www.info4nv.org
- A special Support Group for those dealing with the death of a loved one by suicide.
Las Vegas: Survivors of Suicide a Christian Faith Based Group
- Meets: Every Monday; 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Location: Canyon Ridge Christian Church, 6200 W. Lone Mountain Road, Las Vegas, NV 89130 - Church Phone: (702) 658-2722
- Facilitators: Steve and Nancy Yoshidsy
- Phone: (702) 656-7141
Reno: Adult & Adolescent SOS Support Groups
- Meets: 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month; 6:00 - 8:00 PM
- Location: A Service of: The Crisis Call Center, PO Box 8016, Reno, NV 89507
- Facilitator: Janett Massolo
- Crisis Call Center Phone: (775) 784-8085
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winnemucca: Survivors of Suicide
- Meets: 2nd Thursday of each month; 7:00 PM
- Location: American Red Cross, 612 Melarkey Street, Winnemucca, NV 89445
- Facilitator: Alaine Kliewer-Nye
- Mailing Address: Frontier Community Action Agency, Humboldt Program Coordinator
640 Melarkey Street, Suite 3, Room B, Winnemucca, NV 89445
- Phone: (775) 427-7553
- Email: email@example.com